ThinkViral offers public workshops at a reduced price through our partnership with the University of Missouri Small Business Development Center in Kansas City.
Social Media Road Map for Business
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2021
Time: 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Instructor: Anne Cull, President, ThinkViral
This course is designed to give attendees a social media business development strategy with a weekly management process that makes it easier to attract and retain loyal customers.
- SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY
- Why Digital Marketing & Advertising pros often struggle with Social Media
- How to leverage Business Friends to build a loyal customer base
- Get to know the four audience groups your business needs the most
- SOCIAL MEDIA PREPARATION & SET-UP
- Are your company’s social networks “dressed” for business success?
- What does your company description say about you?
- What to post and what to avoid
- Post examples, tips, and best practices
- SOCIAL MEDIA PARTICIPATION & ONGOING MANAGEMENT
- How to “network” for business using social networks
- What to do about ugly comments and bad review
- Are your social media efforts “working?” How to track what matters most.
- Plan of Action for ongoing social media management
Shortly after you register, you should receive a confirmation email from UMKC with a Zoom link and instructions explaining how to join the December 8, 2020 course.
*Please disregard the list of “Covered Topics” on UMKC’s registration page as it does not reflect the updated December course agenda.
This course is heavily focused on social media management processes that help companies gain and retain loyal customers. While we do cover some technology features, we do not dive deeply into any specific purposes or locations of technology options available on social networks.
Customized individual or group training focused on your organization’s priorities and customer needs.
- Social Media for Business Development
- Social Media for C-Suite/Leadership
- Create a Social Media Management Plan
- Tracking Your Return on Relationships
- Telling Your Company’s Story Online
- Introducing Your New Service or Brand
- What Goes In Your Social Media Policy?
- Company Rollout of Social Media Guidelines
ThinkViral may be hired on an hourly basis to help your company work through specific problems.